USCIS released three short video vignettes for employees and employers that demonstrate how to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. Watch the new Form I-9 videos and learn how to complete Sections 1, 2, and 3. Each vignette walks the viewer through the key steps in four minutes or less.
Here’s a synopsis of each vignette:
• Must be completed by the employee
• Explains each data field
• Highlights new phone number and email address optional fields
• Shows you how to fill in new foreign passport and country of issuance data fields
• Employers may want to make this video available to new employees
• Must be completed by the employer for each person hired
• Illustrates important deadlines and instructions
• Explains employers’ responsibilities
• Includes important reminders
• Completed by the employer for reverification and rehiring
• Displays an on-screen checklist for hiring managers
• Explains which employees have to be re-verified
• Shows examples of documents not to re-verify
Visit I-9 Central or view the Handbook for Employers Guidance for Completing Form I-9 (M-274) for more information.