B-1/B-2 visa for medical reasons

I am married to an alien and I am a citizen and I am looking to bring my mother-in-law here from mexico. It would be for pleasure and also medical reasons. She has a bad knee and I am looking to take her to go get checked for her knee.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I think until your husband get naturalized, a tourist visa for medical treatment is your best bet. These visas can be designated B-1 (Business visas) or B-2 (Tourist). You should get an appointment letter from her intended physician and try for the B-1/B-2 visa.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment