I am an American citizen. My parents received their 1 year multiple B-2 visa in Aug-09 and they came to live with me in Sep-09. I applied for I-130 for my mother in Oct-09. I received my mom's I-130 approval notice in Feb-10. And my parents are still in the States with me now. They were granted 6 months stay till Mar-10. My questions are: 1. Can my mom stay in the States beyond March and file I-485 status ajustment? Or should she go back to her home country and wait to be interview at the consulate? 2. I haven't applied I-130 for my dad. Can I file a B-2 visa extension for my dad and can he legally stay in the States after Mar-10 until the B-2 visa extension is granted or denied by Immigration? What form should I use for B-2 visa extension? Approximately how long does it take Homeland Security Immigration to grant or deny a B-2 visa extension case?
1. From what you have described, I see no reason why you cannot file for their I-485 and have them stay.
2. He can legally stay in USA as long as USCIS receives the extension request (Form I-539)before the expiration of his current status. He can stay till the request is decided or till the time for which the extension has been requested, whichever comes first. It can take several months for the application to be decided.