Stopping at USA

I am working in a Federal Gov't Agency, and in the near future leaving for Frankfurt, Germany, for a conference, and with a plan in mind to fly to USA via Germany after my conference is completed. My question, here, is that whether I can use my US visa, which is valid up to Apr 06/2012, whereas the passport has already expired by last May 23/2011, and due to be replaced by a new one.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You will need an unexpired passport to enter USA. People in your situation carry both the new and the old passports.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment