H-1 and Out of Status

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

There is no grace period when you are laid off. You will be out of status from the date your current employment ends. It is advisable to apply for a change of status to, for example, B1/B2, F-1, or H-4.

Nonimmigrant Visas: 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment