L2 visa and EAD

My husband's employer are busy with a L1 / L2 application for our family. My husband will go to the US (in June) on his L1 visa, 2 months before me and the children, since I have to wait for them to finish their school year in July. We will join him end of July. When he goes over in June ... Can he 1) apply for my SS number 2) hand in the forms for my EAD without me being in the country, or does that have to wait till August when I arrive?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

As far as I know, you will have to be here. Nothing can be done before that.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment