Jump to:

Latest News

  • 1 Aug 2013 - 05:42

    If you would like to study as a full-time student in the United States, you will need a student visa. There are two nonimmigrant visa categories for persons wishing to study in the United States. These visas are commonly known as the F and M visas.

    You may enter in the F-1 or M-1 visa category provided you meet the following criteria:

    • You must be enrolled in an "academic" educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program
    • Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement
    • You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution...
  • 30 May 2011 - 00:23

    Media Note Office of the Spokesman Washington, DC
    May 20, 2011


    [Also available in Persian<]


    As of May 20, 2011, qualified Iranian applicants for visas in the F, J, and M categories for non-sensitive, non-technical fields of study and research and their dependents will be eligible to receive two-year, multiple-entry visas. This is an increase in the current visa validity of three months, single entry.

    This change will allow Iranian students and exchange visitors to travel more easily, furthering our goal of promoting the free flow of information and ideas. This important decision is being taken as the global community witnesses the Iranian Government’s increasing censorship and isolation of its own people.

    Iranians currently in the United States on a three-month, single-entry visa in one of these categories must reapply...

  • 6 May 2009 - 14:03

    ICE updated its list of Student and Exchange Visitor Program approved schools.

Nonimmigrant Visas
Green Cards
Common Topics